I haven’t been giving out many details the past few weeks. Mostly because there is not really anything to report. My local cardiologist (nurse) is still persistently trying to arrange a meeting with the surgeon at John Hopkins. Until I hear what that guy has to say I am not pursing any other options.
Three weeks ago I sent an email to Dr. Shumway – listing questions that I had for her regarding the cancellation of my surgery. She called me and we did have a little chat. Some questions were answered -most were not. I hung up the phone even more confused and flustered that before. Thankfully, PW weekend was only days away and so my brain took a mini-vacation from all things surgery related for awhile.
I’m not going to beg anyone to do this surgery. Actually, I’d really like to get on with my life. Five months and counting…..When you’re stuck, you’re stuck. When the plan changes, you readjust. When a door slams shut – somewhere on earth a window opens. I just need to find that darn window. It’s probably not even on this continent. Crap.
So, as I type my records are sitting on Dr Cameron’s chair at John Hopkins. He should be emailing my doctor sometime soon. “Hopefully, by Monday we’ll know something.” I have heard that line so many times. We’ll see.
In the meantime, I am looking forward to a fun weekend visit from my Dad and Kim.
Thank you all for the continued support, love and encouragement. Even though I am m.i.a. from “brilliant brunette” at times, the race continues….ah, man I can’t wait for that finish line.
Enjoy your weekend.